AMVSS trust extends financial help to needy students of COEP through scholarships. Scholarships are provided to cover the tuition fees, hostel fees, mess expenses and in some exceptional cases miscellaneous expenses. So far more than 40 students have benefited from these scholarships.
Every year, AMVSS invites applications from deserving students and then student selection committee awards the scholarships through a documented selection process. Once a student is awarded scholarship, he / she continues to get the support till final year provided he / she clears all subjects of the year and his/ her financial status continues to remain same. As such, more than 100 aid events are recorded till date for these 40 students over these years.
Since 2016, AMVSS have also started supporting the students preparing for civil services exams.
Scholarships are awarded under the following heads
Maximum Expenditure per Student -> Rs. 65,000 per year (this is reviewed and revised every year based on college fee structure)
- College fees : Rs. 65,000 for Open Category, varies under different concessions for a particular student.
- Hostel Charges : Appx. Rs. 2,000/- per month.
- Mess Charges : Appx. Rs. 2,500/- per month.
- Stationary: Appx. Rs. 2,500/- per year.
(we have a tie-up with Venus Stores, FC Road for this purpose)
- Miscellaneous expenses in exceptional cases only.